Forced-Rotation Polisher for Faster Cutting over Curved Surfaces
Forced rotation, or gear driven polishers, provide a half-way point between the cutting action of a rotary polisher and the safety of a dual action (DA). The toothed gear forces both the rotation and the orbit in a more consistent pattern than a standard DA and continues to do so no matter how much pressure is applied to the machine. This allows for a more concentrated cutting action than can be found with free spinning DA polishers. Retaining the orbit/rotation pattern, heat build-up can be controlled more easily than with a rotary polisher.
The RUPES BigFoot LK 900E 'Mille' was designed with the aim of providing a forced rotation machine that offered faster-cutting capability than other gear driven models and also faster cutting than the BigFoot LHR 21 MK II or the BigFoot LHR 15 MK II. As a result, the Mille provides exceptional cutting power with minimal heat generation and very little steering, more in line with a standard DA. The RUPES-designed Mille's electric motor allows it to operate with a clockwise rotation, reducing unwanted lateral movement and therefore reducing operator fatigue.
The BigFoot LK 900E Mille Deluxe Edition Kit is a complete system, comprising of two wool polishing pads, two foam polishing pads and two compounds, all designed to work together, in perfect harmony to complete even the most challenging of detailing jobs. The BigFoot Claw Pad Tool features bristles at one end for cleaning pads whilst still on the machine, the other end is a wedge for easier pad removal.
- 1 x BigFoot LK 900E Mille forced rotation polisher
- 1 x Backing plate - 125mm / 5 inch
- 1 x Blue Mille Coarse Compound - 250ml
- 1 x Yellow Mille Fine Compound - 250ml
- 1 x Blue Coarse Wool Polishing Pad - 180mm / 7 inch
- 1 x Yellow Medium Wool Polishing Pad - 180mm / 7 inch
- 1 x Blue Foam Cutting Pad - 160mm / 6.5 inch
- 1 x Yellow Foam Finishing Pad - 160mm / 6.5 inch
- 4 x microfibre towels
- 1 x P808 Protective Sealant - 500ml
- 1 x BigFoot Claw Pad Tool
- 1 x Dark Grey RUPES Bigfoot branded dark grey storage bag
Blue Coarse Wool Pad features two fibre lengths to create a dual density wool surface and a distinctive pattern. This configuration provides a great balance of cutting and finishing power compared to single density wool pads.
Yellow Medium Wool Pad features a 15mm fibre length from soft, flexible wool. Paired with a soft and flexible foam backing, this pad can eliminate moderate defects and has excellent finishing ability on most paint finishes.
Foam Polishing Pads: The new range of foam pads feature a low profile, having been designed to maximise the transmission of the gear-driven movement to the working surface, reducing pad distortion and thereby improving stability and control. The tapered edge helps minimise the chances of the edges of the polisher connecting with the car's panel during operation.
Mille Polishing Compounds have been specifically formulated to take into account the movement of the forced rotation polisher and the temperatures, speeds and energy generation in order to deliver the best performance.
Features & Benefits:
- Forced rotation delivers excellent cutting power with the safety of a DA polisher
- Clockwise rotation reduces lateral movement
- Electronic variable speed control dial with click sensation, ergonomically positioned
- Progressive trigger allows throttling for additional control
- Double rubber support keeps machine stable when resting on table or detailing trolley
- Extra-long, heavy duty 9m power cord
- Orbit: 5mm
- LK 900E weight: 2.8kg
- Power: 900 watts
- Dual Speed Controls (trigger & speed dial)
- OPM: 265 - 535 - 1700 rpm
- 9m power cord
- Thread size: 3/16